Here’s a link to the new page: 1978 Alaskan Truck Camper
I finally got the outside finished! The paint has been on for about 2 weeks now and the windows are in, so all I need to do is finish on the inside. I’m going to complete the electrical first – that way I can turn on the air conditioner.
For the paint, I used Valspar Rust Armor from Lowes. It’s an enamel paint like Rustoleum, but it can be tinted, so you can choose from a lot of different colors. I primed the Shasta with Rustoleum Aluminum primer (latex). I put two coats of color on – thinned 12% with mineral spirits – and applied it with a brush and roller, sanding between coats. Total cost – about $100 for a new paint job.
Back to the 1956 Shasta page: 1956 Shasta